Massage Therapy is a popular branch of holistic therapy. Massage therapy can be loosely defined as the manipulation of the soft tissues of the body. Various degrees of pressure is applied to muscles, and soft tissues by hands, elbows, or small tools. More and more medical centers are offering it as a complementary therapy along with the conventional treatment. As a result Massage therapy has gained a lot of ground in recent years.
BENEFITS OF MASSAGE
Massage Therapy is used to help cope with the pain and stress of various conditions, such as cancer, heart disease, stomach problems, or weak immune function It is also used to enhance wellness, relieve depression, and increase relaxation. In addition, there are many other conditions for which people seek massage. Some additional time-tested benefits of massage are
1. improving joint and limb flexibility and range of motion
2. improving blood circulation and blood flow
3. relieving tension-related headaches
4. promoting faster healing of soft tissue injuries and pulled muscles
5. reducing pain related to sports injury
6. enhancing health and nourishment of skin by increasing blood flow
7. improving posture by relaxing muscles
8. reducing emotional or physical stress and reducing anxiety
9. increasing awareness of the mind-body connection
10. Help chronic neck pain
11. Relieve stress
12. Relieve postoperative pain
13. Manage back pain
14. Help fibromyalgia pain
15. Enhance workout and sports performance
16. Relieve stress headaches
17. Improve sleep and relieve insomnia
18. Ease symptoms of depression
19. Improve cardiovascular health and temper effects of dementia
20. Decrease stress in cancer patients
21. Decrease rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis pain
22. Regulate blood pressure
23. Decrease symptoms of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
24. Help chronic neck pain
25. Lower joint replacement pain
26. Increase range of motion
TECHNIQUES AND TYPES
Massage has been practiced in all cultures throughout human history. However, the techniques vary by country and culture. The principle behind all techniques is to aid the body’s ability to heal itself. In all modalities, touch remains the fundamental medium of massage therapy.
There are more than 70 different kinds of massage therapies such as Swedish massage, Deep tissue massage, Trigger point massage, Aromatherapy massage, Hot Stone Massage, Shiatsu Massage, and Couple massage to name a few. Massage techniques used depend upon the needs of the patient.
WHO CHOOSES MASSAGE THERAPY?
According to the American Massage Therapy Association, “an average of 21 percent of adult Americans received at least one massage between July 2018 and July 2019, and an average of 32 percent of adult Americans received a massage in the previous five years.”
In conclusion, massage therapy is perceived as a complementary option to address many health concerns. Data suggests that it in fact does help address many health issues.
Don’t forget to check out many fine massage therapists on our wellness business directory here
The Contents of the YogChakra website including text, images, articles, blogs, listings, and other material contained on YogChakra.com are for informational purposes only. The content is not provided with an intent to be a substitute for professional medical advice, treatment, or diagnosis. Never disregard or delay seeking professional and medical help because of something you read on our site. Always see the advice of a qualified physician and professional health care provider with any health-related and medical condition you have. The content on our site does not provide any medical advice and only reflects the opinion of writers. You should always consult a qualified healthcare professional before making any decisions about your health or well-being.